Sahagun

Delia Cosentino delia at ucla.edu
Mon Dec 11 23:03:16 UTC 2000

Thanks to all for information on don Pablo Nazareo. Now I wonder if anyone is familiar with Banamex's 1982 edition of Sahagun's Historia general and whether or not it might add important value (in terms of content) to a scholarly collection? It was advertised as being "la primera version integra del texto castellano del manuscrito," even though I was under the impression that there was no complete Spanish translation of the Florentine Codex. Is this one actually complete? I am inquiring on behalf of a research institution that is considering the acquisition of this particular edition, which I understand consists of 500 copies printed on rag paper. I am interested in information on how it might specifically supplant or complement other versions of the Historia. Contact me directly if appropriate.
Thanks,
Delia Cosentino
Delia at ucla.edu