Reduplication

Frances Karttunen karttu at nantucket.net
Fri Dec 29 23:07:45 UTC 2000

Una Canger wrote pretty comprehensively about all forms of reduplication
back in the early 80s in a special memorial issue of Texas Linguistic Forum
for Fernando Horcasitas.  Or have a look in Joe Campbell's and my Foundation
Course in Nahuatl Grammar.  There are some types of reduplication in
regional dialects that we didn't discuss, though.  For instance, around
Milpa Alta and in Canoa, honorific forms of singular animate nouns
reduplicate, which I found very confusing.

Fran