malinche II

Yaoxochitl at aol.com Yaoxochitl at aol.com
Sat Feb 5 20:29:21 UTC 2000

that's because most "Indians" have become complacent with this term.  I
prefer indigenous people.  Had Colombus thought he landed in Africa would we
have carried on this 500 year old bad habit of refering to the indigenous
people of these lands as, "Africans?"  Get used to calling us indigenous.  I
am not and Indian!  I am not from India.   And I am aware of the mislabelings
of all peoples and that is unfortunate.  But if you traversed Mexico then the
term, "indio" is regarded as an insulting remark.  Good luck to you Micheal
if you dont insult the indigenous people of Mexico by using this so-called
acceptable term there.  Chances are you would be regarded as ignorant or
insulting.