INDIANS, INDIOS, INDIGENOUS, AND INDIGESTION FOR IGNOBLE INTROVERTS

micc at home.com micc at home.com
Sun Feb 6 00:44:36 UTC 2000

One more thing.... I know that it is "cool" for us "indigenously
advanced" chicanos  to call the Americas "Anahuac", a Nahuatl word.  But
it is extremely arrogant to place a Nahautl name on a land of hundreds
of INDIGENOUS NATIONS ( did I say that right yaoquichtli) that never
spoke nahuatl.  Why not a lakota name, or a Yanomamo, or Quechua, or
cupa, or chumash, or kwakiutl, or purepecha, or Comanche name????? Why
not a universal Esperanto-bahai-lingua
franca-televisa-CNN-coca-cola-toyota name like:

Fufu
Gagalandia
tripalopa
dollaria
telefeliz

better yet, lets call this land 011-252-555-1212

Amoxtla........