INDIANS, INDIOS, INDIGENOUS, AND INDIGESTION FOR IGNOBLE

Michael Mccafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Tue Feb 8 15:25:16 UTC 2000

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, marisol wrote:

> This debate is becoming increasingly comic and by no means educational.  I
> thought this was a list of educated and academic people, who were able to be
> polite with each other. I'm sure Mr. Schwaller has stopped this.
> >
> >Yaoxochitl at aol.com wrote:
> >>
> >> Hey Mario, an empty can makes the loudes noise, and you truely are an
> empty
> >> can!

Yours is an interesting note in that it made me think of who the
participants really are on this list. I think it was *perhaps* designed
for what you term "educated and academic people," but as is plainly clear.
Many have probably come on board because a friend told them about it.
Plus, they are actually interested in Nahuatl. Marvelous. Some have other
agendas in participating as is clear from certain messages. But I think
the sort of stuff that has been recently bounced around is actually quite
expected if one thinks about the diversity of the membership.