Preclassic, classic and postclassic

marisol marisol at tiscalinet.it
Wed Feb 9 19:20:35 UTC 2000

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BF732B.B4BF7F20

I have started a research on pre-Aztec history in central Mexico, and found
that each source I have consulted, gives different years for the division of
the pre-classic, classic and post-classic periods.

PRECLASSIC from 1500 BC till the start of AD? or till year 100? or till year
300?

CLASSIC from X above till 750, 800 or 900 AD?

POSTCLASSIC from X above till 1521?

Some other sources name an "ARCHAIC" period lasting till 1500 BC (?)

Is a consensus on this division?

I would be grateful if someone could enlighten me, and/or indicate which
reliable texts/web sites to consult.

Susana Moraleda

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BF732B.B4BF7F20
	filename="Susana Moraleda.vcf"