Olmecs and other quest

micc at home.com micc at home.com
Wed Feb 16 02:37:14 UTC 2000

The ball game or "tlachtli" was 10% "recreational" or "entertainment
spectacle"  and 90% ritual and cosmological in importance. Just as any
modern or ancient ritual is pretty much an event for human consumption,
the ball game was a ritualized replaying of the cosmic order.  there are
several books available on the subject (none of which I can find at the
moment!) The hands could not be used in manipulating the solid hard
rubber ball.....ouch!!!!!!!!!

I understand that the tradtional game has survived into this day in
Sinaola, where it has spread once again to other areas of Mesoamerica,
in a energetic 'reconquest" of the Mexican national psyche....

now where did I put my kidney-protection padding....