Olmecs and other quest

micc at home.com micc at home.com
Fri Feb 18 14:40:23 UTC 2000

Duran, fortunately is not the only source for the ball game.  Tajin has
very elaborate sculptures that re-enforce other writer's description of
the game as a cosmolical battle.

The game may be a re-enactment of a mythical event: the Maya sacred
twin's ball game in the underworld, or the cosmic dance between
Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl.......