Forwarded message

Maffie James maffiej at spot.colorado.edu
Sat Feb 26 12:27:29 UTC 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:23:19 -0800
From: Helmut Wautischer <Helmut.Wautischer at SONOMA.EDU>
To: philosop at louisiana.edu, jcs-online at sol.zynet.net
Subject: Forwarded message

Please reply directly to
Dr. Michael  Ripinsky-Naxon
mrn at csacs.org

REQUEST FOR PHOTOS/SLIDES

I am in the midst of a 2- volume book project, entitled THE BOOK OF
SHAMANS.  The volume I am writing is entitled SHAMANISM IN THE  AMERICAS.
The other, SHAMANISM IN EURASIA,  is authored by Mihaly Hoppal.  Each
volume will contain over 250 illustrations.

In the last chapter, I  will address contemporary shamanism.  The issues,
among others, will include the surviving  vestiges of shamanism in North,
Central, and South America, as well as the  contemporary Western scene.
This will involve topics ranging from syncretism to curanderismo  and
healers, from ayahuasqueros and ShamanTours to neo-shamanism and
techno-shamanism. At least 20 additional illustrations can still be
incorporated into this section of the book.

Should you have any material that you think may be  suitable for inclusion
in such a project, and would like  to see it published, please, contact me
as soon as possible at mrn at csacs.org

All submitted materials will be returned, and  naturally full photo credit
acknowledgment will be given in the book.

Thank you,
Dr. Michael  Ripinsky-Naxon
Professor
PMB 504