Az: Aztlan date

by way of "John F. Schwaller" <schwallr@selway.umt.edu> CCBtlevine at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 15:47:29 UTC 2000

In a message dated 02/23/2000 10:03:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
huitzi at operamail.com writes:

<< Does the name Aztecs referred to all of the tribes under the
 domination of the Mexicas during the 1500s?

 Victor Gonzalez >>

No. I am referring only to the Aztlantlaca according to Tezozomoc
who were called by others Azteca and changed their name to Mexica
and Tenochca.  Prior to arriving in the Mexico Valley they
included the Tarascans (according to Duran) Pur=E9pecha?, and
Malinalcans.  They seem to have arrived in the Mexico Valley in
the late mid 13th century and were conquered by the Tecpanecas in
the late 13th Century. It is this specific group to which I refer.

Thomas Levine