about your views...

cristi at ix.netcom.com cristi at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jan 25 12:44:22 UTC 2000

Yaoxochitl wrote to me:

<a long-winded list of sputtering grievances against me, my
opinions, and Europeans in general, using epithets like:

 racist,
ethnocentric, and paternalistic presumptions
 xenophobia and a wrath
of ignorance
grossly disorted picture of "history" and
fostering nothing more than this fantastic lye.
spoon-fed you in high
school,
absurd conclusion
dont rant
and rave about some biased, racist spanish friar
your views are based on sentimental evasions, quick certainties,
and
easy slogans.
So please,
do me a favor, have the decency to research before you "feel" or
"think"
about a subject you know nothing about.>

My reply to Yaoxochitl:

An excess of exciting, passionate verbiage, insults, imprecations,
and name-calling does absolutely nothing to persuade others to
your point of view.  I thought your people were known for their
oratory skills--but perhaps you neglected to learn those skills,
since they were just more "lyes" by dirty white people, eh?  I have
absolutely no intention of playing your silly game and trying to
argue any of this with you, or to rationally discuss my sources
etc., since I already know you to be a person who listens to no one
at all, preferring to believe only what his fears and insecurities tell
him to believe (forever after, for better or for worse).  I absolutely
don't give even a tiny fig what you think.  That probably comes as a
complete surprise to you, eh?

> Hell, you even called my ancestors, "Azteca!"  If you knew
> anything about my people then you would at least get the name right!  We were
> and still  called the Mexicah(Meh-Shee-Kah).  Any college student knows that
> the term "aztec" is a misnomer created by 19th century scholars!

On the contrary, Mexica is what YOUR ancestors were called.  I
was referring to the Azteca, including ALL of the peoples in that
region who spoke Nahuatl, not just your poor, overburdened little
group.  Properly, I should have included the Maya as well.

So please,
> do me a favor, have the decency to research before you "feel" or "think"
> about a subject you know nothing about.

Please do me the favor of having the *guts* to post these kinds of
"opinions" publicly, rather than personally, to listmembers.

Cristi