Language Families

Robert G. Comegys robc at csufresno.edu
Mon Jun 5 16:45:20 UTC 2000

Hi Mark,

Finnish and Hungarian are Turkish languages, although Hungarian has been
thoroughly saturated with Slavic loan words, something like the way English, a
good Germanic language,  is loaded with French. (My apologies to the Germans,
the French, and the English.)

Basque? Who knows. Its usually considered an isolate by most "responsible"
(read dull and uninteresting) scholars.

Regards,

John Comegys