Nahuatl Practico: Lecciones Y Ejercicios Para El Principiante

Amapohuani at aol.com Amapohuani at aol.com
Thu May 4 21:26:31 UTC 2000

In a message dated 5/4/00 12:46:06 PM, elazteca at collegeclub.com writes:

<< I want to learn nahuatl and recently found the book titled: "Nahuatl
Practico: Lecciones Y Ejercicios Para El Principiante" by Fernando
Horcasitas (ISBN: 9683617980).
 I was woundering if anyone knows how good/bad this book may be, do you
recomend it, any other thoughts... replies are thanked in advanced... Ivan
Ochoa >>

The very first Nahuatl grammar I used was the same! I found it useful but
limited. Campbell and Karttunen are more thorough and up-to-date. Perhaps I
am alone in this, but the single best guide to Nahuatl I found, read, and
constantly refer to, is Carochi's ARTE (1645), available in photoreproduction
(Mexico, UNAM).

Strangely, right now Louise Burkhart and I are working on a Nahuatl Theater
Series. Its precursor and inspiration are, of course, Horcasitas' EL TEATRO
NAHUATL.

Best of luck in your study of Nahuatl.

Ye ixquich.
Barry D. Sell