Intelligibility between Nahuatl dialects

Andrea Martínez andreamb at infosel.net.mx
Wed May 17 05:47:24 UTC 2000

To Frances Karttunen and all:

I am very sorry for the arrogant and incorrect view of "Mexicans" your last
letter shows. I remind you that "Nahuas" are Mexican, yes, as Mexican as the
ones who hire them as maids, for the matter. It is a nationality, most
Nahuas belong to it and, as nearly all Mexicans, are proud of being so. I
don' t know of a single Mexican who doesn't consider himself as such. I
would appreciate a little humbleness: neither "Mexicans"are all as bad, nor
all Americans as good as you so confidently think you are.

Andrea Martinez