10 questions about Nahuat-l and the Aztecs

CHMuths at aol.com CHMuths at aol.com
Sun May 21 10:34:09 UTC 2000

Listeros,

I am new to the list and I am also a novice in speaking nahuat-l and
therefore I hope this is the right place to ask my questions:

1. The material I got speak of Nahuat-l as aglutinant language. What does it
mean?

2. In which category fall the germanic languages such as English and German?

3. Do Spanish, French and Italian for example fall in the same category as
English and German because they are indo-germanic languages?

4. Is there a connection between Nahuat-l and Finnish for example? Those
languages seem to have a similar grammar construction.

5. Which dimensions are recognised in Nahuat-l or by the Aztecs? (we have 4:
length, width, height and depth; space-time continuum as fifth dimension has
only been recently recognised).

6. How is space understood and described in Nahuat-l?

7. As I am not a linguist but a sociologist/social psychiatrist I like to
understand the language from the spatial point of view: as we have a linear
language in which everything is referred to by separating all references to a
person, the position,  ownership etc. in different words, Nahuat-l seems to
work in images. The Finnish add all references to a person, position etc. to
a stem word; in Nahuat-l there is also a stem word but by changing the
pre-fixes and suffices the language became imaginary. Am I right? Does this
mean that they have a different understand of themselves in space and
therefore a different spatial understanding?

8. I have worked with dyslexic people and I know that they have a spatial
understanding of the world. 85 % of Apple software engineers are dyslexic,
which was the basic for Apple’s development of new technology. Some American
architectural office only employ dyslexic architects because it save them
month of tedious calculation work, especially in the design of highscrapers
and the heating system, as dyslexic architects think spatially.

9. Some linguistics (Charles William Johnson for example) detected the close
similarity between the old Egyptian language and Nahuat-l and speak of a
Kemi-Mesoamerican mother tongue. They assume that there must be a common
language before the development of those two language, something like
indo-germanic for example. This seem to make sense as Archaeologists and
Egyptologists found traces of South-American drugs in Egyptian mummies. The
scientific community believed so far that there was no connection whatsoever
between the “Old” and the “New” world. Does anybody on the list has
researched this subject or has any ideas on that?

10.  Colours: how are the colours depicted? Are there many colours, or many
hues and shades of colours described or depicted?

Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Christa