Nicene Creed

John F. Schwaller schwallr at selway.umt.edu
Mon Nov 13 17:38:02 UTC 2000

Dear List members,

I am working on an article part of which will look at the changes which
occurred in the missionary efforts to communicate the fundamentals of
Christianity in Nahuatl.  As a result I am focusing on how various basic
prayers and credal statements were translated into Nahuatl over the 16th
and seventeenth century.  Barry Sell and I touch on this issue in our book
on the Bartolome de Alva Confessionario, but I would like to extend my net
a bit further.  If anyone has a Nicene creed in Nahuatl, I'd appreciate
seeing it.  Apostle's Creed would be OK too.

John Frederick Schwaller                             schwallr at selway.umt.edu
Associate Provost                                        406-243-4722
The University of Montana                           FAX 406-243-5937
                               http://www.umt.edu/provost/