Query: Nahuatl for "Venus"

David Gloster david.gloster at muenchen.roses.de
Wed Nov 29 21:33:16 UTC 2000

As no one else has yet come forth with an answer, here's my try:

I seem to remember that Venus had two names in Nahuatl depending on whether it was
visible as the morning star or the evening star. I think the morning name was
TLAHUIZCALPANTEUCTLI but I've no way of checking it. Maybe someone with a dictionary at
hand could look it up and confirm. I'm afraid I can't help you with the evening version,
though.

Best of luck
David Gloster