The use of XIHUIT

John Sullivan jsullivan at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Sep 5 14:14:50 UTC 2000

Just for the heck of it, here are colores used by my informants in the
Huasteca:

chipawak, white
yayawik, black
chichiltik, red
chokoxtik, brown
tenextik, grey
kostik, yellow
chilkostik, orange
azultik, blue
xoxowik, green as in a mature green leaf
axoxowik, green as in a deep body of water
selxiwitl, green as in a new/young green leaf

John Sullivan
Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas