wordplay in nahuatl

SANCHEZ JOANNA M js9211 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Dec 5 14:13:53 UTC 2001

I recently posted a question about cases of wordplay in Nahuatl, and am
still interested in getting opinions.  I'm talking about the type of
double meanings that appear in words like Tonacatecuhtli-
Burkhart argues for the "Our-flesh lord", while Lopez Austin would say
that there is a deliberate double meaning created between nacatl and
tonacatl, "sustenance."
	Just wondering if anyone has any other interesting (or not)
examples or ideas about this sort of thing.  Thanks- J. Sanchez