Resending Request for help

Paul Barker paulbarker at terra.com.mx
Tue Jan 9 08:15:13 UTC 2001

Dear List,
With apologies for the repetition, I am reposting my request for help in
identifying the following two classical Nahuatl texts. the first is a
lament and the second a war or fighting poem. I am keen to discover their
origins.
many thanks
paul barker

The texts:

Nihualchocay nihaulicnotlamati çan nicui canitl huiya tlaca anichuicaz yn
toxochiuh ohuaye. Maic nina pantiaz cano ximo huaya, huaye. Nihuallaocoya
ohuaya, ohuaye….

A classical Nahuatl lament.

Xictzotzona in mohuehueuh. Xihuehuetzca yc ixtlilxochitle xomittotoao in
quauhquAhauc Mexico nicã mocueçalizchimalo cuecueyahau yan temalacatitlan y
ximo chicauwaca netleya.

more information and music at http://www.paulbarker.net
new CD of music released:
http://www.sargasso.com

Terra
!Internet mas tuyo que nunca!
www.terra.com.mx

John Frederick Schwaller                             schwallr at selway.umt.edu
Associate Provost                                        406-243-4722
The University of Montana                           FAX 406-243-5937
                               http://www.umt.edu/provost/