Sahagun and the Transition to Modernity

Walden Browne walden at dakotacom.net
Sun Jan 21 00:05:45 UTC 2001

Many people who subscribe to this listserv appear to have an interest in
Sahagún. I also recall that a few months ago there was some discussion about
the use of this listserv for the purposes of advertising. I do not recall
what the final consensus was, but if you object to authors announcing there
books here, read no further and delete this message.

My book, Sahagún and the Transition to Modernity, was recently published by
the University of Oklahoma Press. Many of my ideas about Sahagún are
unorthodox, and I expect that many of them will prove very controversial in
the eyes of scholars in the area of Sahagún or Nahua studies. Nevertheless,
I hope to at least encourage scholars to rethink some well-entrenched
assumptions about the nature of Sahagún's work and generate further
discussion.
More information about the book can be found at the University of Oklahoma
Press' web site:
http://www.ou.edu/oupress/brow3233.htm
or at my web site:
http://www.dakotacom.net/~walden
I apologize in advance to those who find advertising on this listserv in any
form whatsoever offensive.
-- Walden Browne

John Frederick Schwaller                             schwallr at selway.umt.edu
Associate Provost                                        406-243-4722
The University of Montana                           FAX 406-243-5937
                               http://www.umt.edu/provost/