Tracing Nahuatl Poetry

paul at paulbarker.net paul at paulbarker.net
Sat Jan 6 13:03:50 UTC 2001

Hi,

I am new to this list. I am trying to trace the origin and translation of the following two calssical Nahuatl texts, which I collected many years ago from a library in the UK. Is there any one able to help? Many thanks.

1) 	Nihualchocay nihaulicnotlamati çan nicui canitl huiya tlaca anichuicaz yn toxochiuh ohuaye. Maic nina pantiaz cano ximo huaya, huaye. Nihuallaocoya ohuaya, ohuaye….

2) 	Xictzotzona in mohuehueuh. Xihuehuetzca yc ixtlilxochitle xomittotoao in quauhquAhauc Mexico nicã mocueçalizchimalo cuecueyahau yan temalacatitlan y ximo chicauwaca netleya.

Paul Barker

Music and Information:
http://www.paulbarker.net

New CD of music: