Miracle Accounts/New Server

Mark David Morris mdmorris at indiana.edu
Thu Jul 19 04:21:42 UTC 2001

Folks,

I have run out of ideas of a good, efficient way to find the Spanish
original of a miracle story about the Virgin of Monserrat published in
Cordoba in 1756 according to the manuscript version in Nahuatl, and I
would appreciate any suggestions.

This Nahuatl manuscript was translated by Francisco Loysaga of Tlaxcala
who I believe I have sufficient contextual and handwriting evidence to
prove is the same Francisco Loysaga whose Chichimeca histories were
collected by Boturini c.a 1740, with that held in the BMNAH often called
the "Cronica Anonimo Mexicano" and also sometimes erroneously classified
as a translation of Torquemada.  Anyone with a particular interest in
these Chichimeca histories would be welcome to what I know about Francisco
Loysaga.

mochantzinco Michigan,
Mark Morris

La muerte tiene permiso a todo