numbers of Nahuatl speakers?

David Wright dcwright at prodigy.net.mx
Wed May 9 23:24:53 UTC 2001

Hola, Stephanie. The Instituto Nacional de Estadistica, Geografia e
Informatica published very detailed data from the 1990 census in Hablantes
de lengua indigena, XI censo general de poblacion y vivienda, 1990 (Mexico,
INEGI, 1993). It's still available at INEGI bookstores throughout Mexico; I
bought one a couple of months ago. If last decade's work is any indication,
we won't be seeing a similar publication from 2000 census data for another
couple of years. Preliminary results from the 2000 census are available on
line, but native language data isn't included. See http://www.inegi.gob.mx/.

De: Stephanie Wood <swood at darkwing.uoregon.edu> [...]