mazanelhuatl

Galen Brokaw brokaw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Nov 9 13:19:53 UTC 2001

Richley,
I assume you are working with a manuscript.
Are you sure it isn't "tlalhuatl"?
I've seen many "tl" combinations that can look like "n"s.
And the "a" and the "e" can often be abmiguous.
Maybe you have already explored this possibility. If it were
"mazatlalhuatl", it would make sense as "deer sinew".
If it isn't a manuscript, maybe the transcriber mistook the "tlal" for
"nel".

Galen