New Lockhart book(s)

Ian Robertson Ian.Robertson at asu.edu
Mon Oct 1 14:05:59 UTC 2001

Nahuat-l readers will be interested to know that James Lockhart's new book
"Nahuatl as Written: Lessons in Older Written Nahuatl..." can now be
obtained from Amazon.com, and presumably other sources. [Stanford's website
lists it as "forthcoming", but I received my copy last week.] Parts of the
book draw on some extremely useful (but unpublished) teaching materials that
I worked through a number of years ago. The book goes far beyond these
materials, and looks like it will be an excellent introduction to these
early texts. I will be ordering Lockhart's new bilingual version of
"Carochi" soon...

Ian

Ian Robertson
Dept. of Anthropology