Orthography in MS Word

John F. Schwaller schwallr at mrs.umn.edu
Mon Apr 15 16:20:57 UTC 2002

From: anthony.appleyard at umist.ac.uk
To: "John F. Schwaller" <schwallr at mrs.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:00:59 +0100
Subject: Re: Orthography in MS Word

On 15 Apr 2002, at 10:08, John Sullivan wrote:
 > I am in the process of making decisions about an orthographical system to
 > use for writing modern náhuatl. I would like to use a macron to show long
 > vowels, but Microsoft Word is not very friendly on this account. Does
 > anybody know of a special font or a command in Word which allows one to put
 > a macron over a vowel?

I wrote a PC Windows program TYPECASE. It at
http://www.buckrogers.demon.co.uk/software/typecase.zip .
Typecase lets the user choose characters from a large clear
display of the full font and put them into the Windows clipboard. It
works like Windows `Character Map', but the display is much
larger and clearer if run full-screen or nearly so. The release
includes all source files.

anthony.appleyard at umist.ac.uk