ixtlilli

Michael Mccafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Fri Feb 15 19:03:53 UTC 2002

Yes, Elisabeth, I'm aware of the components. I want to know if there is a
substance known as ixtlilli. thanks.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Elisabeth Curiel wrote:

> Hello Michael:
>
> I don't know the context of what you read, but "ixtlilli", if we talk of a
> "substance" is probably a compound of
>
> ixtli = face
>
> tlilli = black color
>
> some face blackening.
>
> Elisabeth Curiel
>
> >From: Michael Mccafferty <mmccaffe at indiana.edu>
> >To: nahuat-l at mrs.umn.edu
> >Subject: Re: ixtlilli
> >Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:31:19 -0500 (EST)
> >

> >Does anyone recognize <ixtlilli> as a particular substance? I do not have
> >the word in my database.
> >

> >tlaxtlahui,
> >
> >Michael McCafferty

> MSN Photos es la manera más sencilla de compartir e imprimir sus fotos:
> http://photos.latam.msn.com/Support/WorldWide.aspx

Michael McCafferty
307 Memorial Hall
Indiana University
Bloomington, Indiana
47405
mmccaffe at indiana.edu

"Talking is often a torment for me, and I
need many days of silence to recover from the futility of words.
                                                       C.G. Jung

"...as a dog howls at the moon, I talk."
                                    Rumi