Southern Origin of Uto Aztecan hypothesis

Huaxyacac at aol.com Huaxyacac at aol.com
Fri Jan 18 00:06:36 UTC 2002

Joanna,

I'm not qualified to judge Hill's comparative reconstructions, but her
argument certainly made sense to me. I have no problems with a Uto-Aztecan
homeland somewhere along the arc from the Bajio west through Jalisco,
probably towards the western end. I am still personally reluctant to accept
that Nahuatl was spoken at Teotihuacan or elsewhere in the Basin of Mexico
during the Classic period,  although I need to look at a couple of the things
Hill cites.

Alec Christensen