Human Sacrifices

Elisabeth Curiel liccuriel at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 19 21:36:11 UTC 2002

Dear Cristine:

Attached to this email, I am sending an extract from Rethorica Christiana, a
very rare documento written in Latin, by Fray Diego Valadez O.F.M. in 1576.

In 1989, Doctor Rubén Bonifaz Nuño and a group of scholars traslated the
document into Spanish.  The extract I am sending you is only a very small
part of the book that makes reference to the indians religious practices.
The rest of the whole book, as its name indicates, is about Rethorica.

And, my comments on your letter is this: human sacrifices were prohibited by
Quetzalcóatl (real name: Precious Twin, the serpent and the feathers were
only glyphs to represent “Precious” and “Twin”
(Venus) in their writings).

Aztecs regarded the Precios Twin or Quetzalcóatl as a symbol of Priesthood,
nobility and power over the rest of the world.

But Aztecs worshiped Huitzilopochtli as their ruler deity. Of course, all
the oral traditions on Quetzalcoatl must be very cautiosly taken, since they
are so many and so different.  The symbol of the Eagle and the Serpent has
this only meaning:  The Sun God, the Aztec’s, God defeated
Toltec’s god, the Precious Twin, or coatl.  But they still, kept their
priesthood (the defeated old Toltec’s precious priesthood, so they
(the Aztecs) named their Supreme Priests “Quetzalcoatl”).

The relators and sourcers of Fray Bernardino de Sahagún, are a good reason
to believe they practiced human sacrifices, and some hints you get when you
visit those aztec ruins in the heart of Mexico City, and I can’t
easily regard, all XVI century historians as liers.

Elisabeth Curiel