Two questions from Zacatecas

Michael Mccafferty mmccaffe at indiana.edu
Sat Jul 13 11:18:25 UTC 2002

Yes, John, I'm acutely aware of what you are talking about in example
numero uno, and i anticipated, though i had not researched it, some sort
of semantic distinction. I don't have the answer. But -tetete- does
exist, as does -tlatlatla-. :)

As for example 2, poke around in Andrews. I believe he discusses the
relationship between the object pronouns and what takes precedence. He may
even discuss the rare case of human over non-human. I also think Joe and
Fran discuss object pronouns in their gramma.

Best,

Michael

Michael McCafferty
307 Memorial Hall
Indiana University
Bloomington, Indiana
47405
mmccaffe at indiana.edu

"Talking is often a torment for me, and I
need many days of silence to recover from the futility of words.
                                                       C.G. Jung

"...as a dog howls at the moon, I talk."
                                    Rumi