Some questions

John F. Schwaller schwallr at mrs.umn.edu
Thu Mar 14 17:40:42 UTC 2002

From: "Susana Moraleda" <susana at losrancheros.org>
To: "Nahuat-l \(mensajes\)" <nahuat-l at mrs.umn.edu>
Subject: Some questions
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:28:54 +0100

I have some questions which someone asked me, and which I can't answer.
I'd be grateful if someone could give me a hand
(1)
Is it true that "mezclilla" (or "jeans") was a type of material known by
Aztecs to tailor clothes. If so, what was/is its name in Nahuatl?
(2)
Is it true that the place where the Hospital del Nino Jesus now
stands, was
the ancient site place where Moctezuma and Cortes met for the first
time?
(3)
Is it true that octli (pulque) was used to anesthetize those destined to
be
sacrified?
(4)
How many people in total were killed by Cortes?

Thank you very much.
Susana Moraleda