sardonic nicknames

Mark David Morris mdmorris at indiana.edu
Fri Mar 15 00:30:51 UTC 2002

Kevin and Ernesto et al,

Yes, thin drizzle would tend to mean something like light, scattered dew;
I am not sure exactly how we could make a connection between his day sign
and his name, but please let me know if you make any progress.  Thanks for
the correction on Vello, Ernesto, I thought I had misinterpreted what I
heard, but Vello is unfortunately not part of my active Spanish
vocabulary.  I hope, nonetheless, you caught the word play between
Tzontimatzin and Bello.  I should point out also that Cuatecontzin could
also be translated as something like jar head if you take tecomatl to mean
a clay pot rather than the tecomate tree.

best,
Mark

La muerte tiene permiso a todo

MDM, PhD Candidate