Religious History of the Mexika

Irma L. Muniz aou at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 29 23:36:29 UTC 2002

Please distribute the enclosed writings about
the religious history of our ancestors, the Mexika.

Hermana Xochiquetzal:
     "How clever the Spaniards were in the Sixteenth
Century," said Maura, smiling.  "No sooner had they carried
off the military conquest than they set about the spiritual
conquest.  They destroyed - well, we destroy a culture and
its religion, but we give the conquered people our own
culture invested with Indian symbols - or perhaps we give
them back their own culture with European symbols."
     "That's true.  Here we call her the dark virgin.
That's the difference.  She's not white.  She's the mother
whom the Indian orphans needed.
     She's everything.  Can you imagine anything more
ingenious?  She's a Christian and Indian virgin, but she's
also the virgin of Israel, the Jewish mother of the
long-awaited Messiah.  On top of that, she has an Arabic
name, Guadalupe River of Wolves.  How may cultures for the
price of a single image!"
                Carlos Fuentes.  Revolutionary Mexico.
                The Years with Laura Diaz.  1999.

It is our duty and obligation as elders of the Sixth Sun
to re-educate our youth about our Mexika (me-shee-ka)
spirituality.  Our spirituality and spirits of love and
liberation are altars in our hearts.  Present religious
practices and discipline would never compare to the
spirituality of our Mexika past.  Imagine, even after
500 years of oppression, how we continue to spread the
truth of our most powerful cultural foundation, which
is Mexicayotl.  We must remember that in reality the
conquest of 1521 eventually became a religious war.
>From the moment the Catholics landed in Mexico, they
tried to force their doctrine on those who would not
convert.  The same Mexikas in the 21st Century refuse
to convert to the Democratic or Republican parities.
Our ancestors were inseparable from their spirituality.
Leaving their faith was the same as giving up their
identities as human beings.    It is written and revealed
that our last Mexika King, Cuauhtemoc, on
August 12, 1521, spoke before our ancient ancestors
for the last time.  Yes, we were there.  He directed
the Mexika "Tlamatinine," the wise people, to take
refuge in Tenochtitlan's impenetrable mountains,
jungles, and caves, to save our spiritual traditions.
Our beloved brother Marcos is presently continuing the
same, and we of the Sixth Sun, who are confined in the
dungeons of Christianity, also continue to enlighten
and preserve our ancient spirituality of liberation,
justice, and the return of Aztlan.
     It is revealed that before the conquest, before
the religious war of two cultures, Tepeyacac had been
the site of the great temple of the earth goddess,
Coatlique.  Our ancient ancestors have always called
her Tonantzin, our most revered mother.
"Tlamatinine," our wise men, knew from the beginning
that Tepeyacac would be the physical center on earth
for the end of the Fifth Sun and the birth of the
Sixth Sun.
     The appearance of La Virgen de Guadalupe was
inevitable during the time of massive genocide
committed against our people in Cem-Anahuac.  Her
appearances to Cuauhtlatoahtzin (Juan Diego), were
the same -- as if Tonantzin had appeared to create
a social, political, and spiritual movement for the
present and future.
      Our ancient ancestors claimed her appearances
as one of land, children, and liberation from the
oppressor (Spaniards). Our beloved Mexika king,
Cuauhtemoc, spoke of these religious spiritual
appearances, and then there was silence.  Our Mexika
ancestors understood that the world they knew, the
Fifth Sun, was coming to an end.  They have been in
silence ever since.
     Even today our indigenous brothers and sisters
from the Holy Land pray in Nahuatl.  It is a language
that bridges different states of awareness.
     What is the lesson from this past, religious
history?  Our lesson is that the true story of La
Virgen de Guadalupe is finally beginning to surface
after nearly 500 years of silence.  That a Mexika man
formed a spiritual movement to save the faith and
culture of his people in the most dangerous of
times (1531).  That Aztlan, our sustenance and place
where heaven comes to earth, will give birth to the
Sixth Sun.  That we, Mexikas of the Sixth Sun, can
begin to restore cosmic harmony among ourselves.  That
Tepeyacac can be an altar in our hearts, creating life,
emotion, personality, and human creativity.  That our
present spiritual Mexika struggle in Aztlan takes us
back to the great migration -- our search for a spiritual
home and time of wandering and purification.  That Aztlan
is a place of sacred energy which gives us, the Mexikas,
a foundation and place to organize for the benefit of our
people and the earth.  It is a place where the earth can
be redeemed, regenerated, and reborn.  That the Sixth Sun
requires our active participation and cooperation.
Ometeotl, Tonantzin, and the gods are once again giving us
the opportunity to bring our spiritual dream into being.
That Cuauhtemoc was born and trained for a single purpose
which was to take the culture of the Mexika (Fifth Sun)
underground, until it would rise again (Sixth Sun).  He
is the guardian of the great treasure of the Mexika.  This
treasure is the cosmic vision that is encoded in Mexika
culture and spirituality.  That we have remained in bondage
for far too long, and now we must rise in the power of the
Sixth Sun.  That we must take the stance of a proud and
noble warrior spiritual race of the Sixth Sun.  That we face
the winds of change and demand that the position we hold in
history be updated and rectified.  The record reflects that
we are children of God who are chosen for rising of the
Sixth Sun. We are now reborn and reformed, and re-sworn.
We rise up to our fullest potentials, and we are not
Hispanic or Latin!  We are Mexikan of the Sixth Sun of Aztlan!

"Mihtoh, mocmihuaz, ninetoltia."
It is said, it will be done.  I promise.

                    In exile,
                    Ramsey Muniz - Tezcatlipoca
as shown below:
To:       sixthsun-request at mail-list.com
From:     your email ID is here
Subject:  subscribe

Press send.  You will receive an automated reply.
as shown below:
To:       sixthsun-request at mail-list.com
From:     your email ID is here