Cocoxochitl

Robert Barkaloff robert at coatli.com
Mon Sep 30 19:02:35 UTC 2002

"Cocol-" often refers to sickness or pain, and I think it would be
unlikely that the "cocolxochitl" would not also be related to this in
some way.  Perhaps it is an appropriate flower for the sick as the
"cempoalxochitl," or twentieth (or last, because it is the last, or
summary,  in a series of 20 day signs) is an appropriate flower for the
dead.

Robert Barkaloff
robert at coatli.com