Nahuatl course Winter 2004

idiez at MAC.COM idiez at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 27 01:24:57 UTC 2003

Instituto de Docencia e Investigación Etnológica de Zacatecas, A.C.
Intensive Introductory Course in Modern Nahuatl, Winter 2003.
January 7-20, 2004.

1. Students will live for 14 days with a nahua family in the community
of Tepecxitla, Veracruz.
2. There will be 14 two-hour class sessions in conversation conducted
by a native speaker.
3. Students will participate in the ceremony of "moyancuilia", "[the
year] renews itself", conducted by Juan Tomás de la Cruz Dolores in
Tepecxitla.
4. We will meet in Tampico, Veracruz on January 6, travel together by
bus to Chicontepec, and from there by pickup to Tepecxitla. We will
leave Tepecxitla on the morning of January 21.
5. 100 hours of academic credit will be issued for the course through
the Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas and the Escuela Normal "Manuel
Avila Camacho" of the State of Zacatecas.
5. Cost: One thousand dollars. This includes ALL course expenses
(tuition, course materials, room and board, and transportation between
Tampico and Tepecxitla).
6. The starting date for this course is flexible. Our idea is to permit
students to take the course without cutting too much into the Winter
quarter or semester of their home institution.

This information will be on our website (www.idiez.org.mx) beginning
Monday, September 1. Feel free to contact us at idiez at mac.com if you
have any questions.

John Sullivan, Ph.D.
Professor
Universidad Autónoma de Zacatecas
Director
Instituto de Docencia e Investigación Etnológica de Zacatecas, A.C.
Francisco García Salinas 604
Colonia CNOP
Zacatecas, Zac. 98053
Tel: +52 (492) 768-6048