Salutations and farewells

Chi:chi:ltic Coyo:tl notoca at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 13 08:17:33 UTC 2003

Panoltij = hola, buenos dias, buenos noches, buenos tardes
Panoltijtsino (rev)  = buenos dias, buenos noches, buenos tardes
Kaki = oye, hey

nicca    - hello, hi, hey there, hey, you
niltze   - hello, hi, hey there, hey, you
nopohtze   - hello, hi, hey there, hey, you
netle   - hello, hi, hey there, hey, you
hui   - hello, hi, hey there, hey, you
tahui   - hello, hi, hey there, hey, you
ayo   - hello, hi, hey there, hey, you
yeccue   - hello, hi, hey there, hey, you
ane   - hello, hi, hey there, hey, you
tocne   - hello, hi, hey there, hey, you

nocni:uh = my friend

quen otitlathuili? = como amaneciste?
cualli tlazohcamati = well thanks
noihqui cualli, tlazohcamati = I am well thanks

quen ocemilhuitihuac?  como paso el dia?

tinocneuh = hola amigo

tipactica? = estas bien?

Quenin timoyetztica?  How are you?

cenca cualli, tlazohcamati = very well thanks

cualli tlanezi = good day
cualli teotlac = good afternoon
cualli yohualli = good night
quen timohuica? = how are you going?
tlen mitzpanti?  What's up?
tlen pano? What's happening? What's up? What's new?

ma xipahtinemi (this appears to be said when saying goodbye to someone you
are likely to see again.) the spanish is que estes bien!