nahuatl.info for nahuatl info?

menchaca at stsci.edu menchaca at stsci.edu
Fri Jan 3 21:35:30 UTC 2003

I came upon this site recently and thought it might be of interest
to members of the list.
-g

nahuatl.info

for general information
http://nahuatl.info/nahuatl.htm

"The Nahuatl Tlahtokalli at nahuatl.info is an online Nahuatl language learning
center initiated by graduate-level students Citlalin Xochime (Star Blossoms)
& Itztli Ehecatl (Obsidian Wind). This project began in the xiuitl (year)
Yei-Tochtli (3 rabbit), in the metztli (month) of Teotleko (when the energy
is united) of the Mexica calendar, a time also known as October 2002
according to the Julian calendar. We simply wanted a place to facilitate
our understanding of Nahuatl culture while developing fluency of the language
to such a degree that we may comfortably visit Nahuatl speaking villages.
To attain these goals, we reserved an entire domain with 250 MB of storage
for maintaining an interactive message board, scheduled weekly classes in
our chat room, review sessions, quizzes, and sound clips of Nahuatl speakers."