polite farewell forms

David Sanchez davius_sanctex at terra.es
Fri Jan 10 21:05:29 UTC 2003

I have read in your posts some different ways of finishing politely communications in náwatl:

(1) Cencah Xochichil    'For ever, the redness of flowers' (???)
(2) Citlalin Xochimeh    'The star and the flowers' / 'flowers from/to stars' (???)
(3) Citlalyani                '[we are] going to the star(s)' (???)

All these forms seem very obscure to me, and I am not sure of the explanations I provide to them. Can someone to help me in clarify the meaning and interpretation of these expresions?

David Sanchez