polite farewell forms

anthony.appleyard at umist.ac.uk anthony.appleyard at umist.ac.uk
Fri Jan 10 23:34:20 UTC 2003

On 10 Jan 2003, at 22:05, David Sanchez wrote:
> I have read in your posts some different ways of finishing politely communications in náwatl:
> (1) Cencah Xochichil    'For ever, the redness of flowers' (???)
> (2) Citlalin Xochimeh    'The star and the flowers' / 'flowers from/to stars' (???)
> (3) Citlalyani                '[we are] going to the star(s)' (???)
>
> All these forms seem very obscure to me, and I am not sure of
the explanations I provide to them. Can someone to help me in
clarify the meaning and interpretation of these expresions?
> David Sanchez

The intended meaning of Citlalyani is "star traveller", because I like
space stories and I have written some (see
http://www.buckrogers.demon.co.uk ).
Is such a name appropriate?
Should there be a sandhi changing the -ly- into -ll-?