Etimologia de Texcoco

Galen Brokaw brokaw at buffalo.edu
Fri Jun 20 14:48:20 UTC 2003

By the way, other glyphs from the Mendoza Codex, images of which are included on the
same site with the Texcoco glyph sent out by Carlos, undermine the interpetation of
the Texcoco glyph as being related in any way to "tlacotl" as suggested by Orozco y
Berra. The glyphs for Tlacopan and Tlacotepec depict a plant that evidently is
"tlacotl" and it doesn't look anything like the flower in the Texcoco glyhp. See:
http://geography.berkeley.edu:16080/ProjectsResources/Glyphs/Plate29/Tlacopan.html
So, I think that pretty definitively eliminates that particular rebus interpretation
of the glyph.
Galen