Caballeros aguila y caballeros tigre

Michael McCafferty mmccaffe at INDIANA.EDU
Wed Nov 19 15:43:25 UTC 2003

Quoting Susana Moraleda-Dragotto <susana at DRAGOTTO.COM>:

Susana:

If by "caballero," you mean "man", that would be oquechtli, even tlacatl.
Moteuczoma is referred to as "tlacatl Moteuczomatzin" in the Florentine Codex.

However, I think that in the case of the eagle and jaguar warriors, teuctli,
commonly and incorrectly written *tecuhtli, is what exactly what you are
looking for.

Michael McCafferty