Me: Twenty Seconds to Immortality

micc2 micc2 at COX.NET
Wed Apr 21 04:17:32 UTC 2004

 "The number itself, however, indicates "muchos"."  EXACTLY!! Lost to modern readers who know nothing about allegorical or symbolic speech, is the fact that certain numbers do not mean EXACTLY that number but QUANTITIES.

Lost in the layman's (and revisionist's) conversation is the symbolic rather than the literal representation. To echo another writer:

"My question was more one of frustration around the seemingly continual expectation that that is what we apparently must study, if we study the Aztecs; that apparently there is little else of interest."

Of course,  having the Discovery Channel, the Learning Channel and Time-Life books always re-hash this subject, and then having the neo -mexi'cas  deny everything does not help!!!!

mario