Images of Tenochtitlan -- apologies for any cross-posts

SIMON LEVACK s.levack at BTINTERNET.COM
Thu Aug 12 19:53:36 UTC 2004

Apologies for reproducing the whole of both messages under reply but
it's all relevant.

I was just going to say that the most vivid computer-generated images of
Tenochtitlan-Tlatelolco, including the Templo Mayor area and
particularly the conical temple of Quetzalcoatl Ehecatl, that I've ever
seen are actually in a French computer game called "Aztec: Malediction
au Coeur de la Cite d'Or".  It may be worth asking the publishers, Cryo
Interactive, for permission to use screenshots.

Good luck with the novel!

Simon Levack
Author of the Aztec Mysteries
Please take a few moments to visit my website at
www.simonlevack.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Nahua language and culture discussion
[mailto:NAHUAT-L at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of ANTHONY APPLEYARD
Sent: 12 August 2004 18:12
To: NAHUAT-L at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: Images of Tenochtitlan -- apologies for any cross-posts

 --- Paul Anderson <indus56 at TELUSPLANET.NET> wrote:
> Dear NAHUATL-L members,
> I am preparing an informal presentation of images for the launch of a
> novel I have written, whose central character is the 17th-century
> Mexican polymath Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz. In a reading I would like
> to do on that evening, I have Sor Juana writing about Quetzalcoatl,
> Ehecatl and about the cylindrical temple at Tenochtitlan.
> Would anyone happen to have an image you might allow me to use -- be
> it a photograph, or an illustration -- of Tenochtitlan that includes
> that particular temple? ...

I am in a big forum called http://www.renderosity.com , which is about
CGI art (= Computer Generated Imaging) (as in many modern sci-fi movies
etc). Is there anyone in this group who might want to ask there if
anyone has or can make CGI models of old Tenochtitlanian buildings and
artefacts and gods etc? If so, could they be any use to make up
pictures for the novel?