Otonteuctli icuic

Carlos Santamarina carlossn at UI.BOE.ES
Tue Aug 31 18:29:24 UTC 2004

A sentence from the Florentine Codex. There's no spanish version,
because on the left the page is blank. The context is about Otontecutli,
the otomi god.
We have to know that Cuecuex is the tepanec name of the same god, and
otomi and tepanec are from the same ethnic family:

        «Otontecutli icujc
        [...]
        Nitepanecatl aiacuecuexi niquetzalcoatly, aia cuecuexi... »
        (Florentine Codex book 2º, appendix: 141)

        "Otontecutli's song
        I am tepaneca ...................... I am Quetzalcoatl (?),

    Thank you all.