huel(i)

rick dosan rich_photos at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 5 18:01:49 UTC 2004

In Karttunen's dictionary huel(i) means "to be able to".   Three entries above, Huel, has "bien" (good) as one of its definitions.

In Siméon's dictionary, ueli means "con posibilidad", but there's another ueli. This other ueli is four entries earlier, under "uel o ueli".  This other ueli means bien.

My question:  is Karttunen´s huel (bien), the same thing as Siméon's hueli (which also means bien).  Is that extra letter I, that makes Karttunen's word different from Siméon's, significant?
Thank you,
Rich