Images of Tenochtitlan -- apologies for any cross-posts

Paul Anderson indus56 at TELUSPLANET.NET
Thu Aug 12 14:08:43 UTC 2004

Dear NAHUATL-L members,
I am preparing an informal presentation of images for the launch of a
novel I have written, whose central character is the 17th-century
Mexican polymath Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz. In a reading I would like to
do on that evening, I have Sor Juana writing about Quetzalcoatl, Ehecatl
and about the cyclindrical temple at Tenochtitlan.

Would anyone happen to have an image you might allow me to use -- be it
a photograph, or an illustration -- of Tenochtitlan that includes that
particular temple? By a photograph, of course, I have in mind a
photograph of something like the maquette of Tenochtitlan at the Museo
de Antropologia in Mexico City.

Ideally, it would be an image of which you are the rights holder.
However, if the image is particularly good there is still time for me to
request permission from the rights holder directly.
Gratefully,
Paul Anderson

Paul Anderson, Hunger's Brides. Random House of Canada (2004).
Based on the life of Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz in 17th-century Mexico.
Scholarly comment (and chidings) on manuscript excerpts (on-line) are
gratefully welcomed at:
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/indus56/brides_1/

To pre-order:
http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/books/0679310886/reviews/ref=cm_rev_more_2/701-6086858-1493150