ineua & how-to-cite

Geoff Davis mixcoatl at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 3 18:03:56 UTC 2004

Hi, Richard:

This is my first post on the list.  I'm still very much the newbie,
but I'm going to
give this a shot.

> I was wondering if there is any difference between ineua and inehua (with h).

The only different here is orthographical.  Firstly, this is probably
in + ehua.  On
the topic of the labial glide /w/, it is common in older spanish
orthographics to
use all sorts of conventions because Spanish had no "w" letter.  You may see
eoa, eua, or ehua -- but they are all for the same pronunciation.

> And if it's in Karttunen's Dictionary, where is it? because I didn't find it.  Is its
> root eua?

Karttunen's Dictionary has e:hua, with the meaning, "to rise, get up from bed"
and an alternate "to rise and go."

Generally, the "in" part of the phrase is translated as "the" or sometimes not
translated at all, according to the same dictionary.  I believe its a sort of
reference marker indicating that an action refers to or somehow makes use of
the object.

Unfortunately, being much the newb, I don't have an answer for your latter
question.

-Geoff