Postpositions

Susana Moraleda-Dragotto susana at DRAGOTTO.COM
Wed Jun 30 15:14:32 UTC 2004

    In analyzing postpositions, and after having consulted various sources, I find myself confused (again!), about the difference between the following:

      1.. PA and HUIC (towards)
      2.. ICAMPA and TEPOTZCO (behind)
      3.. ICPAC and PAN (on)
      4.. IXPAN and IXCO (in front of  [in the face of])
      5.. NAHUAC, TITLAN, HUAC and TECH (near)
      6.. NEPANTLA and TZALAN (between)

    And, further, what happens when you add a possessive prefix ending in "O" (or "I") to a postposition starting with "I"? MOICAMPA, TOIXPAN, NOIXCO.... and IICPAC...

    This looks a bit odd to me.

    Occepa, tlazohcamati huel  huel miac!!!!

    Susanatontli