tlahueliloc

rick dosan rich_photos at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 30 19:30:27 UTC 2004

 So, my understanding so far is that tlahueliloc is not from ahuelia, but from tlahuel.  And that the meaning of tlahuel is related to Hate or "irrascible ".  And ahhuel would have more to do with Impossible, or Bad.  And I take it that tlahueliloc is related to tlahuel because the phonetics of Tlahueliloc would have no saltillo in the first syllable and a long vowel in the second.  If this is so, could it still be possible that tlahueliloc sometime back originally came from ahhuel (bad)?  The reason I'm thining this, is that in Molina it's defined as Malvado...  Thanks for all the feedback.
Rich

mmccaffe at INDIANA.EDU wrote:
Rick,

This is tlahue:l- as in the verb tlahue:lia 'to hate', 'to despise'.

tlahue:liloc literally means 'he/she/it has been hated'.

tlahue:li-lo-c 'despise' + non-active ("passive") marker + past tense marker

Michael

Quoting rick dosan :